Friday, August 10, 2007

Why GH, Why?

General Hospital execs constantly leave me scratching my head after the show and this week was no different.

Jerry: You've assaulted me more times than I've ever allowed any other human being to get away with -- don't push your luck.
Carly: What are you going to do -- stab me in the neck with a pen
Jerry: Ballpoint or fountain?
Carly: What the hell is going on, and where's Lorenzo?
Jerry: My guess, in a watery grave. The man is dead, thanks to B.F.F. Jason.

There is no reason for a grown man to talk like a 13 year old girl chatting with her friends on AIM. I nearly had a heart attack when Nikolas uttered the most unprincely words B.F.F. last month. It was not okay then and it's not okay now. This is so sad considering Jerry earned big points for speaking the truth the day before:

Jerry: Would you just shut up for once in your life and listen?

The B.F.F. line pretty much cancelled out any points he earned and in fact I think he's now in the negatives.

Another problem I had is when we get random scenes that make no sense.
On Thursday after kicking Sam out of the house, Liz follows her to the courthouse, grabs her and said they need to set things straight. Next scene, neither one are at the courthouse. If Liz wanted to talk to Sam why didn't she do it at the house? So Liz gets home and instead of checking on her 2 kids that she was soooo worried about, she promptly leaves to chase after Sam and fight. Hm... taking care of kids or starting a cat fight. Way to go Liz. Mother of the year.
Speaking of things that make no sense, why was Lucky wearing suspenders?
The only men who should wear suspenders are newspaper editors who have been in the business longer than I've been alive. On the bright side, the suspenders weren't pulled up over his shoulders and they brought attention to Lucky's assests. Thank God for small favors.

No comments: