Sunday, August 19, 2007

Just Saying

In a week full of unsurprising events Robin and Patrick's pregnancy scare stood out as the one shocking storyline. What's so shocking is that of all the couples, I thought they would never have to deal with this issue because of how careful they are in their sex life. In the end, it turned out to be a false alarm and Kimberly McCullough and Jason Thompson did a great job of displaying the characters' varying emotions.
What sucks though, is although Patrick ended up saying the right things about Robin being and excellent mother and that they would "stumble through this together" as soon as the test came back negative, he was back to saying the wrong things and dismissing the incident altogether and clearly missing Robin's mixed emotions. Why must we bring the Night Shift drama over to daytime? I don't think I can handle all of the passive-agressiveness the writers have been pushing on these two on both shows. It's not that I don't think an HIV positive pregnancy storyline could be good, it's just I'm not sure the powers that be would give it its proper due (i.e. Stacey) and frankly, right now GH has me all babied out.
On the other side of town there was this little trial you may have heard about where Jason Morgan was aquitted. Oh how will I get over my shock? I was actually mortified when Diane said he'd been arrested 32 times over the course of the last ten years because I've only been watching for three years and I'm annoyed with the Jason trials so I can only imagine what long time viewers are feeling. I am deeply sorry for the anguish you have suffered. I suggest that if you aren't committed to watching the show for the purpose of writing a blog that you get out and get out now while you still can.

Of course Elizabeth was there to congratulate Jason on the court releasing him so he's now free to kill another day. Liz seems to be considering a life with Jason and by the end of the week she got a taste of that lifestyle as two thugs cornered her and her kids in the park (did you not learn your lesson the first time about the park?). Best. Babydaddy. Ever. All this time spent fawning over Jason left Lucky (you know Liz's husband, the guy she supposedly loves) free to be seduced by Sam. I'll say it again, if I'm going to get behind this couple Sam needs to stop with the skankiness. If that's too much to ask, bring someone new onto the canvas for him. The son of Luke and Laura Spencer deserves better.

Speaking of Luke and Laura proginy, little Miss Lulu is headed for trouble with Logan. I was actually pretty ticked when she accused poor Spinelli of lying about Logan and Maxie making out. She's got this boy wrapped around her pinky finger and she knows it, but if she's really his friend, she could consider the fact that he's never lied to her so why would he start now? Oh my God. I just stood up for Spinellli. I think I feel dirty.

Anywho the odd couple made up and while Lulu received more warnings from Coop and Logan tried to do the "right thing" by asking the Q's permission to date Lulu. If Logan was being sincere, Josh Duhon needs to work on his acting a bit because he was coming off kind of swarmy in those scenes.

While Lulu was trying to sort through her feelings she sought out Carly for advice which was hilarious given that her track record for relationships sucks. Case and point, as soon as Lulu left, Carly got a phone call from Irina who said she'd just slept with Jax. Just when I think GH storylines can't get any dumber, they do. This whole "sleep with me or I'll kill your family" is beyond absurd. Number one, all villianesses are not sex crazed maniacs. Number two, she's not going to kill anyone because then she would have no leverage over Jax who would try to escape or maybe just kill himself because he has no reason left to live and doesn't want to give Irina the satisfaction of doing it himself (wouldn't that be some soapy stuff?).

In the second most ridiculous story of the week Sonny lectures Kate on the severity of her hit-and-run charges. Yes, this coming from a man who's escaped murder charges how many times? The only remotely charming thing about this story, was Diane going all fangirly when Kate offered to take her to Paris with her for some fashion meeting.













Oh Diane, we could have been best friends, if only you hadn't gotten a hitman off on murder charges. I'm just saying.

No comments: