Sunday, July 29, 2007

Just Saying

So as Jason's trial started this week, I decided to take a nap because call me crazy, but this storyline doesn't have me on the edge of my seat. We all know how this is going to end and if you don't, you obviously have not been watching this show very long.

For me, the highlight of the show was the Eli Love storyline which I am loving in all of its soaptastic glory. At the cocktail party Patrick flipped when he thought Noah was drinking, but calmed down once he realized his shot glasses were full of nothing but water. The water actually came in handy later when Anna got rid of a really annoying groupie. This:















Lead to this:




The kiss which was simply part of the ruse (right Anna?) shocked Robin and Patrick who decided their parents must be sleeping together once Noah showed up to work with a smile on his face and talked about hanging out with Anna into the wee hours of the morning. Robin became so flustered that she flat out asked Noah if he was sleeping with her mother. I don't care how upset you are, that is not a question you ask if you are suspecting it because I can guarantee you will not like the answer.

The younger generation of Devane and Drake were left to devise a way to keep their parents apart and after cutely freaking out, they decided to act indifferent to their parents' interaction(think backwards "Parent Trap"). After work, they headed to Patrick's apartment to erase the images of their parents going at it with a night of wine and sex. It sounded like an excellent plan to me.

While the two doctors were cutely cuddling at home, the rest of Port Charles was being affected by Jason's trial (yes, another one). Fresh from breaking up with Jason, Sam had to deal with Carly who was doing what she does best - kicking people when they're down. Carly marched her smug butt up to the penthouse and antagonized Sam until a good, old-fashioned cat fight broke out. I've been waiting for these two to go at it for quite a while and I was only disappointed that it was broken up so soon by Diane who was warning them that the police were on their way to search the apartment for evidence. Carly yelled at the cops and continued yelling at them for the rest of the week. You know what storyline I would like to see Carly tackle? Strep throat so she would be too hoarse to talk. Nah, that's too kind. How about having her her rendered a mute by shards of glass damaging her vocals cords? (thanks DOOL's Sami for the inspiration)

The only time I found Carly bareable was during her scenes with Alexis, but perhaps it was because she was hiding and Alexis was doing most of the talking as she tried to unsuccessfully coax Jax's location out of Jerry. After awkwardly inviting Jerry back to the house for wine, animal crackers and fish sticks (what man could resist that?) Ric arrived unannounced and was peeved by Jerry's presence. I love Nancy Lee Grahn and Ric Hearst together so I'll take any scene I can get, even if it's arguing. What's sort of nice about the recent Ric/Alexis scenes is I hear a hint of jealousy in Ric's voice (hooray!). After Ric leaves, Jerry calls Alexis and Carly out on their scam and the party ends. Oh well. Hopefully the wacky hijinks with these crazy kids still await us in the future.

After dealing with Carly and walking away with a sprained wrist, Sam had to put up with Elizabeth asking her not to use her testimony to put Jason behind bars. Honey, you should be worried about your own testimony. You're the one who was with Jason when he got the call from Sonny to off Alcazar. Elizabeth let this little piece of information slip to Lucky (her husband, the man she "loves") who was upset that she hadn't mentioned it previously. Lucky's getting suspicious and with sweeps approaching, I'm willing to bet he'll find out the truth. I'm just hoping I get to see him tear into Elizabeth because that smug look she's been wearing on her face for months has gotten on my last nerve.

Now we come to Jason - the center of the Port Charles universe. As the hitman with the "secret pain" is being transfered back to the PCPD, he's attacked by three gunman. His hands and feet were shackled together but somehow he managed to save Amelia and kill all three gunman, but you know, he's not a cold-blooded killer. You're honor I swear it isn't true. Uh huh. Right. Anywho, it was alright that Jason shot and killed those men because you know, they were Venezuelan. I kid you not. That is totally how it sounded. Everyone was all, they're Venezuelan so they must be Alcazar's men. Am I detecting a hint of racism? Just because you hail from South America, then you must be in Alcazar's gang or hang out with some other mobster. Something for you to chew on ABC execs: why are Hispanics always mobsters?

In other news, Lulu was placed under house arrest by the Q's (ha!) and she's been sneaking over to "take care" of Logan's bullet wound. By the way, take care means make up. Crazy kids today! What will they think of next. It's obvious that the powers that be have wanted to match these two up for a while, but I'm not finding it believeable. To make matters worse, the back and forth and the inconsistencies are making me dizzy.

Creepy Cody from Night Shift was found his way to daytime and apparently has a problem with Logan. To find out what Logan did in Iraq, Maxie agrees to score him some pills from the hospital, but changes her mind. Coop saves her from a compromising situation and afterward pours his heart out to her about how much she means to him. This heartfelt confession led Maxie to call off her deal to sleep with Logan. Thank God! because that potential storyline was skeevy beyond belief.

Oh yes and not that's it's really news, but Sonny nailed Kate while she was under the influence of a "libido enhancing drug." Wow, he's a keeper for sure. Remind me never to visit Port Charles because I would rather not have the man equivalent of Carly (AKA the town bike) stalking me. I think Spinelli should change Sonny's name from the "Godfather of Port Charles" to like the "PC manwhore." What? It's not like it isn't acurate. I am just saying.

No comments: