Sunday, July 22, 2007

Just Saying

Comedy is a must for a soap to be bearable. I know part of any good soap is drama, but a little funny is necessary to balance out the sadness. Enter Eli Love storyline. This a ridiculous plot, but I love it just the same, but I suppose I'm biased because I do love all of the actors involved. I am enjoying Finola Hughes go all fangirly and I am excited to see Rick Springfield be able to bring his true personality to GH. I especially loved the scene in Friday's show where Robin gets all annoyed at her mother grabbing Noah's butt. I don't blame her because I've had the honor of meeting Rick Springfield and yes, his body is quite impressive in person.
I thought it was a nice twist to add the fact that Eli is a drinker while Noah is a recovering alcoholic. Way to stir up some drama GH (thumbs up). What I don't like is how everyone seems to think Noah can't pull off the sexy, arrogant thing. Um, this is classic Noah Drake behavior. Observe any of the following classic Noah Drake clips:




I'm also not liking how ridiculous some of the characters in this storyline are starting to look (thumbs down). Patrick's afraid his father's going to drink (a valid concern), but what I don't understand is why a brilliant doctor such as himself cannot come up with a logical reason. For example, why doesn't someone doesn't just give him a glass of water and pretend it's vodka? Oh wait. Isn't that exactly what Anna did? I'm sure come Monday the kids will get all pissy that Daddy Drake drank and then they'll look foolish when the parents explain it was high quality H20. Now if some idiots decide that Anna should really give Noah alcohol to keep up the ruse, which in turn makes her look like an inconsiderate bitch, I will be pissed. Why would I not put something like this past the powers that be you ask? Um, have you watched this show?


In other couply news, the relationship between Jason and Sam (called JaSam by some fans) has officially died (2004-2007). Thanks to Spinelli's hacking abilities, Sam was permitted to visit Jason (as is half the town apparently) and ended up breaking things off with him. Those scenes definitely left me wanting. I was glad that Sam did the breaking up because she looked liked she was trying to assert her right to not be second (or third, or fourth, or fifth if you really think about it) in Jason's life. What annoyed me the most was how Jason kind of just mutely sat there. I would have liked some sort of response except if you tell the truth about my son, I'll turn you in for being an accomplise to the babynapping. I think this pretty much sums up how twisted their relationship has become. GH is not known for keeping couples together, so the breakup wasn't a big surprise, but what bothers me is why should I invest in any couple if this is what it's going to turn into? JaSam was pretty big in the day, when the writers actually wrote for them that is. If a popular couple gets torn to shreads like this, I think it means no one is safe, which sucks because I thought soaps were supposed to be about hope and undying love.

Speaking of broken couples, let's check in on Lucky and Liz for a second. They are the other half of this love rectangle and they've all been headed for disaster for the past year. For Pete's sake, just put everyone out of their misery and end it all please!! The powers that be are not at all subtle and the Jason and Liz pairing has been in the works for quite some time. This week Lucky wanted to prove to Liz that he trusts her, so he got her permission to visit Jason in Pentonville. Nice gesture, but I think he needs to ask himself how much he can reallly trust her. Yes, I know. Lucky was a bad, bad boy last summer, but I am so tired of him looking like the fool. Liz is at fault here too, but you know since she's soon to be Jason's new mother, she'll be able to do no wrong.

In other barely mentionable news:

**Lulu cared for Logan's wound and ended up making out with him before calling him a jerk and protesting her feelings for him. I'm sure they'll wind up in the sack by the end of the month.
**Kate threw herself at Sonny after accidentally taking some of her bosses' little, blue pills for her headache (disturbing, but mildly amusing). I'm sure those two will wind up in the sack by week's end because you know, he's Sonny and he pretty much gets a crack at every woman in town.

**Carly asked for Alexis' help (ha!) getting Jerry to spill the beans over Jax's whereabouts. Carly searched Jerry's room and got cornered when Jerry brought Alexis there to talk. Now Carly needs Alexis' help to escape and I kind of hope she let's her hang for all the crap she's pulled with Alexis because Alexis rocks and I love her.
I'm just saying.

No comments: