Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Team Lucky

Lucky, Lucky, Lucky...... you poor soul. You must have the most inaccurate name in soap history... quite possibly in the history of the world. Would someone please tell me what Greg Vaughan did so wrong that the powers that be continually feel the need to do everything they can to make Lucky's life a living hell?

In the short time I've been watching this soap I've seen him hospitalized several times about to die from comas and being impaled in train wrecks (I'm convinced he's GH's answer the DOOL's Jack Deveraux - the character that's always "dying"). Of course there was the pill-popping fiasco that I pretend never happened. As if this wasn't enough bad luck, the guy married the love of his life only to end up divorced and then remarried to a woman who clearly doesn't not care for him and is lying to his face about sleeping with another man which resulted in a child that Lucky thinks is his - which it isn't by the way because you know, contrary to this guy's name, Lucky can never catch a break.

As if listening to Liz gripe at Lucky about arresting Jason wasn't already getting on my nerves TPTB went a step too far today and added Robin to the mix. Carly's rant I expected because:

A) She's Carly and all she does is rant
B) She only claims Lucky as her cousin when it suits her
C) It's Jason and he can do no wrong in her eyes

My issue with Robin is she is one of my favorite characters and I do not want to see her get infected by the contagious strain of bitch that seems to be infecting Port Charles. Lucky was so kind to her when she was beating herself up over Laura's recovering only being temporary. It made zero sense for Robin to be going on and on saying that Lucky should have bent the rules for Jason considering she's the one everyone accuses of being a hardcore rule follower.

Back to the issue at hand, for the love of hotness will someone please stand up for Lucky? Did anyone ever stop to think what would happen if Lucky did stop to kiss Jason's ass? Lucky is trying to fix the damage his pill popping did to his rep at the PCPD. This means he needs to follow procedure which includes arresting a terms-of-bail-violating-murder suspect. I know on this show it's a foreign concept that a murderer should pay for his crimes, but humor me.

It's clear this train is headed straight for a Jason/Liz pairing so please, I beg you, just let Lucky go and give him back his brain. If Lucky needs some comforting about the sad state of his life, I would be more than happy to offer him some comfort.

No comments: