Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Pleasant Little Surprises

So there were a lot of pleasant surprises on GH yesterday -- there was a lot of ugly as well, but since this is my first post, let's try and keep it happy shall we?

First of all, there was a lovely shot of Rick Springfield's abs.




How can you go wrong with that? FYI, I have had the distinct pleasure of seeing those things up close and personal on more than one occasion and yes, they really are that amazing.

Something else that was amazing was Scott Clifton and Jane Elliot's performance. They had me from Quartermaine and I was totally shocked when Scott (who just randomly showed up at the Qs) had something constructive to say. I was so surprised to see him be less smarmy than usual and dare I say I was (gasp) enjoying his scenes with Lulu? Wow, I really need to stay out of the sun. Okay getting back to someone who I always love to see -good ol' Alice:

Alice: Who wants me to kick his ass and throw it out the door?
Monica: That's always amusing.

Yes, Monica. That is amusing. I often find myself more amused by characters with smaller roles than the ones that are constantly shoved down my throat which leads me to Sam, who FINALLY said something useful today:


Sam: Oh. It just -- it must be wonderful to be one of the chosen few. You and Jason and Carly, your tight little circle, gets to sanctimoniously decide what's best for everyone else, who we get to love and how much. You get to do whatever you want, we're just supposed to take it. And God forbid, sonny, God forbid if one of us have the gall to act out in hurt or frustration -- you'd beat us with the consequences and tell us we had it coming. I am "not" falling in line anymore.

Oh my God, they do know how Sonny and company look! Great, now that you recognize that these three can do know wrong and how annoying it is, I request that you promptly fix it. I also request that Sam gets a standing ovation for her saying exactly what everyone else is thinking and for finally getting some of her spine back. Right, I'm sure that will all happen when pigs fly. Wait, I think I can speed things along. Now where did I put those mechanical wings........?

No comments: