Monday, September 24, 2007

Just Saying

As I looked over the events of this week, I felt like nothing really happened. I mean, I suppose it did, but it sure didn't feel like it. God, I hate the months in between sweeps because that's the time when they seem to drag on fffooorreeevveerrr.

Alright, so the major arc this week was Lulu running away. Maxie showed up at Logan's apartment and spilled the beans about their deal to sleep together. Lulu's recent crappy treatment of Spinelli has really been ticking me off so Maxie's reveal gave me such a sick sense of satisfaction. I really used to like Lulu, but now she's turning into a user like Carly. Spinelli's done nothing but fall all over himself when it comes to Lulu and the minute he disagrees with her on something, she kicks him in the teeth. I really think him and Georgie would be adorable. Their scenes are so cute as Georgie tries to find ways to spend time with him and he's too oblivious to see that she's hitting on him.

Logan was pretty ticked that Lulu left and later took it out on Maxie by shoving her up against a wall outside of Kelly's. Coop saved her and they talked about I'm not really sure what because I was so surprised to see that the former gunman hadn't died. I really feel bad for Jason Gerhardt because the potential of his character is being wasted. He's been reduced to the same wardrobe (cop uniform) and the same line ("I'm late for work") and I wouldn't be surprised if he was the next guy to get axed, which is a shame because his character had so many possibilities. I say he could die because I figure it's time for more deaths now that the GH execs are adding more actors to the already crowded canvas. The newest addition is Johnny Zacarra, Anthony's crazy son who picked up a hitchhiking Lulu. The creation of his character was totally necessary because you know, we don't have enough psychopaths running around on his show already.

Lulu's friends and family were understandably upset and Logan took the most abuse from Nikolas who tried to strangle him. The rageaholic continued his ranting at home and tore into Alexis (seriously, stop yelling at her!) and when she tried to walk away, he threw a glass against the door. What is the deal? Is this some side effect to the drug (I refuse to say the "C" word) that Jerry/Craig injected him with in the spring? I just hope this is going somewhere, but it wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't. What? It's been known to happen.

Across the lake Lucky's marriage pretty much continued to crumble. He and Elizabeth agreed to work on being good parents, but it was the most half-hearted agreement I've ever seen in my life. It's so obvious this relationship is over, but in case you weren't sure, consider this:

* Lucky and Sam slept together.
By the way - they have a steamy chemistry and the scene would have been hotter if not for the sleazy, dirty factor

* Elizabeth confessed to Emily that the love between her and Lucky is gone.

* Emily told Jason to go after Elizabeth.

* Jason and Elizabeth ended up in a barn, alone, together, in the middle of nowhere. Hmmm......wonder where this is going?

I was quite bothered by Emily's part in all of this because Lucky and Elizabeth are still technically together and I thought Lucky was one of Emily's oldest friends. I realize that Jason is her brother, but is nobody on Lucky's side, on anything?

When Jason wasn't playing hero or nursing the wounds from his "secret pain" he was playing counselor to Robin. The actors have a nice chemistry and I like this Jason, much like I enjoyed Sonny last summer when instead of bedding the town's newest female resident, ordering hits, drinking or smashing glassware, he was offering counsel and support to Lulu and Robin. This week Robin wandered into Sonny's coffee shop and into Jason who lent a supportive ear as she discussed her breakup with Patrick. When the doctor received a page, the hitman gave her a ride to the hospital and walked her to her floor, which Patrick saw. If the neurosurgeon ever tries to pull that "I don't get jealous" I will call B.S. because he was visibly not pleased. I don't want their breakup to be reduced to stupid games of who can hurt who the worst, but it was nice to see how Patrick liked having the shoe on the other foot for once.

Robin was paged to check on Kate whom Jax had brought to the hospital after finding her in her wrecked car. Turns out she was drugged because her blood alcohol levels were through the roof despite the fact that she hadn't touched anything. There's no evidence so basically she's screwed and her case has put Ric is in the middle of his father and Sonny. Trevor's urging Ric to nail Kate to stick it to Sonny while Sonny's trying to show Ric that Trevor's just using him. I really liked Ric Hearst's scenes this week because he's an amazing actor and I could actually feel the conflict and turmoil and anguish that his character (who's written as scum) was dealing with. Kudos, sir. You are an asset to this show.

Once Jax left Kate with Sonny, he headed to the island (finally) to meet up with his family. Jax wanted some alone time with his wife, but it looked like it was about to be interrupted by someone with a gun. My money's on Jerry because he's never far behind Jax. Hey, Jasper, I know you're good sense was thrown out the window a long time ago thanks to the writers, but Jerry is doing is called stalking. Maybe you should take out a restraining order or just stop saving your brother's sorry butt so he won't be around to bother you anymore. I'm just saying.

No comments: