Sunday, December 23, 2007

SNM = Soaps Negated & Marginalized?

What the heck is this?

I'm watching Soapnet, you know the channel for SOAP OPERAS, when I see a commercial for SNM. Since Soapnet's been reairing old GH episodes I figure, this is going to be reairings of great soap love scenes.

Um..... no.

Apparently it means Sunday Night Movie.

Okay....... so does this mean you'll be showing movies that have a large cast of soap actors like Corbin Bernsen's Carpool Guy?

No again.

Alright then. Let's see if I have this straight. On Sunday nights, if I turn on Soapnet, I'm going to see some cheesy old movie, not soaps, or even a movie about soaps.

::crickets::

I think we just found who's behind the destruction of the soap genre.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frons is killing ABC daytime and Soapnet. How long are they going to let this man continue?? I have totally abandoned both networks.

Anonymous said...

I know. SNM?? Are you kidding!! They claimed that the movies would feature award winning actors and actresses but so far it has been made for TV crap from the 90's. I wanted to see some old GH. I am only 16 so I enjoyed the thought of seeing some classic eps that were made before I was old enough to care. But no! They settle with movies that are even too old and corny for Lifetime. GAY!!! Bring back the General Hospital.