Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Confessional Booth

Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned. I have broken my cardinal rule to never watch All My Children and it's all Aiden Devane's fault.

I grew up watching Days of Our Lives during naptime and that was my only soap until the writing became so crappy that I jumped ship. I stumbled upon General Hospital and have used it in recent years to feed my soap addiction. I was biased on principle against other soaps and while I never watched All My Children, I just knew that it was the lowest of the low - that's the rep I knew of and I knew it had to be true because of promos I had seen. Ironically, those ads that kept me away are the very things that sucked me in.

A while back I saw a commercial for Aiden and Greenlee's drunken night of sex and thought, "Hm, I'm bored. He's hot. Why not?" and THIS is what I found.

Um, if that's the therapy I get for a busted rib, I'd let him crack my ribs anyday.

So now I find myself fastforwarding through everything except Aiden and Greenlee scenes and feeling slightly dirty when I realize I'm actually watching AMC. My interest in this couple does NOT mean I suddenly believe AMC is God's gift. I still think the writing is lacking (but shows potential) and the actors don't always make the best choices.
I should have known that I was going to fall for this guy because he's related to Robin Scorpio (and I pretty much like all of her relatives) and he has a hot accent. I think these things are going to hold my attention for the foreseeable future, so for now, I'm going to sit back and enjoy the pretty. I'm sure the people in charge will find a way to ruin this for me sooner or later and I'm guessing sooner rather than later now that the baby crazy disease has migrated over from General Hospital and injected itself directly into Greenlee's system.

I really don't want to watch, but I'm a sucker for couples with a love/hate relationship and sexy, shirtless guys.
Damn you British accent!

No comments: