Monday, January 21, 2008

More Crazy Days Casting Shakeups

Um, alright, so I wasn't pleased about Julie Pinson's dismissal, but what in the world are they thinking now? According to Soap Opera Network, both Martha Madison and Brandon Beemer have been fired.

Say what?

I thought their acting has actually improved and what really doesn't make sense to me is it doesn't sound like recasting, but getting rid of the characters, two legacy characters. Why do I think that? Because of the recent additions of Tamara Braun and Shirley Jones (yes, that is the Partridge family mom). When bringing in bigger names into a cast, it typically means other actors getting the boot. I think it's pretty clear that Shirley's just a sweeps stunt so getting rid of characters who have plenty of story ahead of them for a temporary character seems a little silly to me. I know Tams was pretty popular on General Hospital, but I would prefer to watch characters I grew up with and am invested in, instead of new character, no matter who's playing her.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

I love Tamara Braun but why couldn't Billie have been a spoiler in Kayla and Patch's relationship? Didn't they have a kiss a couple of months ago? Are they expecting TB to bring all her GH fans over to Day's? Julie Pinson is a beautiful, talented, actress who was wasted by TPTB at Day's.