Sunday, January 13, 2008

Just Saying

Carly finally knows about Jake and I was glad to see her realize that maybe Jason doesn't trust her as much as she thinks. I know that sounds bitchy, but I feel like Carly's one of those women who has ALWAYS gotten her way.



Example#1: Carly exacted revenge on her mother for giving her up for adoption by sleeping with Bobbie's husband and then shooting him in open court, but her mother forgave her (can't say I would have done the same).

Example #2: Carly slept with Jason's best friend, Sonny, but both still tolerate her.

Example #3: Carly and Jax stole Nikolas' son and tried to pass him off as a Jacks and when the truth came out, no kidnapping charges were filed.

Example #4: Carly married Sonny and slept with him while still engaged to Jax, but Jax forgave Carly and married her anyway.

So no, I don't feel bad in the least that Carly feels betrayed by Jason. I think Sam spilling the beans to get revenge was a great soapy choice. What I don't like is that no one is pointing out Carly's hypocrisy. Actually, Sonny did for a moment and I was so grateful:

Carly: Do you think it was his idea to keep me in the dark about Jake being his son? I mean, the whole town knows.
Sonny: No, no, no, the whole world doesn't know. That's the point in not telling you. Because it's not your business. Excuse me.
Carly: Jason is my dearest friend, okay? I'm closer to him than anyone, including my husband.
Sonny: Doesn't that tell you something about your marriage?
Carly: Don't you think that Jason deserves the opportunity to love and raise his son just like any other father?
Sonny: Well, that's a self-serving argument, and not to mention, hypocritical, since you tried to take my kids away from me.
Carly: That was different.
Sonny: Well, of -- is -- of course you'd say that.



As great as this was, why can no specifically address the A.J. debacle? For those of you who may not know, Carly kept Michael from his real father and I'm sure at one point or another she said it was to protect the child. Fast forward to now, when Jason wants to keep Jake's paternity a secret to protect him, but Carly says no. According to her, Jason should be with Jake because he's his son. Gee, where was this wisdom years ago when A.J. was being hung from a meat hook? Because this is Carly, I'm sure this point will never be brought up, but just this once, I wouldn't mind being wrong.

Elizabeth was pretty pissed about Sam spilling the beans and the two of them went at it. Liz's bitch faces are convincing, but they're getting old. There are waaayyy too many bitchy women running around Port Charles and it's times like these that I really miss Georgie Jones.

An epidemic of misbehaving kids hit Port Charles this week and it was more than a little irritating. Kristina was pissy with Ric, Michael is turning into a minimobster and Cameron is now a little pyro. Camerons antics with matches, coupled with a broken doorknob, resulted in Liz locked outside of her burning home while Jake is trapped inside. Gee, I am so worried that Jake, Jason's son, won't be saved. As if.

Time for a little positivity: Greg Vaughan is kicking ass right now. This week he made a heartfelt declaration to Liz that he loves her kids and promises to do whatever he can to keep them safe, even though biologically, they aren't his. He also had a sincere talk with Sam about their future and about her changing her lifestyle. There was no yelling, just pure honesty, which is refreshing in itself, but Greg Vaughan's delivery and facial expressions were just spot on for me. I hope he continues to shine with this new material because I think it's going to take a lot of work to undo the crap these writers have put Luke Spencer's son through.

Speaking of the lovable scoundrel, he once again skipped town, but he wasn't alone. His companion was Skye, who, earlier in the week, bonded with Ric. Before we go any further, I have a question: Was the Ric/Skye bonding awkward because:

a) Ric came on to Skye in her old house
b) Ric came on to Skye in the same room where he did his ex-stepdaughter (barf)
c) Ric came on to Skye in his ex-wife's current house
d)All of the above

Skye decided she wanted out of the insanity that is Port Charles so she gave Ric Lorenzo's piers and said some quick goodbyes to the Q's on her way out of town. I'm glad that Edward was kind to her, but I am a little sad that Monica didn't say anything. I would have liked to have seen her make some peace with Skye before she left and I would like to have seen Lila Rae on screen once more, but oh well. I guess I'll just have to be thankful that Skye didn't leave in a body bad.

As much as I hate to see either character go, I was so pleased that Skye and Luke left Port Charles together, courtesy of a mini caper.
Of course, the departure was bittersweet:

Luke: I can't thank you enough for smuggling me out of that hellhole.
Skye: So, where are you going?
Luke: I don't know. That's the best part of the deal.
Skye: Yeah, well, I just got through telling Edward how lousy I am at goodbyes, so --
Luke: So am I. You were one sweet touch of class around here, Blaze.
Skye: Please, Luke, I was a distraction. I don't think you ever took me any more seriously than that.
Luke: Oh, you're wrong. I took you much more seriously than you know. It's just that you set a standard that I just couldn't reach.
Skye: Hmm.
Luke: You know you dance rings around people just by standing still. You think you'll ever come back?
Gerald: Excuse me.
Skye: Oh, yes. Um -- I know, it's almost time to pick up Lila Rae. I'll be right there, thank you.
Luke: I looked a lot better in that suit than he does, don't you think?
Skye: If Tracy’s not good to you, I may have to come back. Take care of yourself.
Luke: You, too.
Skye: See ya.
Luke: I hope so.


I will definitely miss the chemistry between these two.

Somewhere in backwoods Pennsylvania, Diane and Alexis offered some humor this week with their crazy road trip to their awards banquet. The two lawyers didn't quite make it to their event, but watching them get kicked off a plane, have numerous car troubles and then deal with the patrons of a biker bar was amusing. After accepting they weren't going to make the banquet, the women had their own celebration in a deserted bar. We learned some more about Diane's past and while I appreciate the fleshing out of a character, I'm annoyed that those characters getting the attention are dayplayers. Case in point: Epiphany.

She lost her son Stan and she's getting all this attention, including one visit from Monica who said she knows what it's like to lose a child.

So. Much. Wrong.

Number one, hooray for Monica being at the hospital, but it's crap that she was only given two lines. Number two, why the hell has her grief been all but dismissed? My guess is the only reason her and Edward were allowed to be at General Hospital this week was so that the powers-that-be could finish taking out the rest of the Quartermaines with the mechanic who's threatening to detonate a bomb so his uninsured wife can get treatment.

This storyline is ridiculous!

What is up with all the freakin' explosions on this show?? Let's see if we can put this guy to some use shall we? Alright, here's how it's going to go:

Monica and Edward have already gone home and all that's left are all those newbies so Mr. Crazy Mechanic Man can go ahead and blowup the hospital. It's sickening how much NightShift is infesting this show. I don't recognize any of the hospital personnel anymore and to make things worse, they've started using that God awful CGI during the daytime GH. So Joe, go ahead and blow the place up, just make sure you take all that Night Shift crap with you. If I wanted to see that junk, I'd watch it on that so-called soap channel.

Just saying.


Thanks to laurieluvsliason for caps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the failure to point out Carly's hypocrisy. When Sonny opened his mouth to point it out I was about the cheer and then I realised he was talking about her custody battles with him and not about taking Michael from AJ and then I was pissed. That should be brought up, it really should.

The rest of the reveal was pretty good, I thought, though I agree that Liz getting into bitch mode doesn't quite work. With Sam and Carly to compete with, it's not necessary and comes off as weak, largely I think because she's not nearly as demented as them and therefore not as fun when she gets all ranty.

Finally, I also totally agree with you on Greg Vaughn. He's been a revelation the last few weeks. Great with Liz, great with Sam, really great with all the Spencer family scenes in the hospital.