Monday, November 12, 2007

The Shot Heard 'Round the World

Lucky finally knows the truth (thank God) and did you see that shot he got in on Jason??!!

I am beyond relieved that this "secret" is finally out in the open and I am so pleased (I know you don't see me say that much) that Lucky was allowed to react appropriately. The way he's been written recently, I figured he'd have to play the sad puppy dog, say that he knew all along that Jake wasn't his and walk out with his tail between his legs. Two, three scenes tops before Elizabeth and Jason started making out. Not that I don't have any faith in the power that be's ability to write characters equally or anything.

So my heart absolutely broke for Lucky as he worked through the stage of denial. I mean, the poor guy actually thought Jason was behind all of this. He believed Jason was forcing Elizabeth into helping him steal "his son." It broke my heart because after everything Elizabeth has done to Lucky, he still had faith that she would never hurt him this way.

Watching the denial turn into anger was a thing of beauty. Lucky called Liz a quote "lying whore!" (although that may not be the correct term for the situation, I'm giving my boy a pass because he was pissed and rightfully so). Then he punched Jason.........and we got to see it!!! Don't believe me? I have photographic proof:

Not only did we get a punch, but we got some verbal abuse as well:

Lucky: I should kill you right now you son of a bitch!

How does it feel to have someone threaten your life for a change, Jase?

Elizabeth went on to explain her reasons for the lie and while at the start she may have truly done it to protect Lucky, by the end, I honestly believe she was doing it to keep from admitting what she had done and tarnishing her halo. Therefore, her apologies seem hollow to me and apparently to Lucky as well.

Elizabeth: I was wrong. I was totally and completely wrong and I am so, so sorry.
Lucky: I don't give a damn how sorry you are.
Jason: Do you want an explanation or do you want to leave, because I'm not going to stand here and let you yell at Elizabeth.
Lucky: Well, then why don't you go ahead and shoot me right now because that's what you do isn't it? (to Liz)You wouldn't care if I died anyway, would you?

It was sad that Lucky thought that Elizabeth wouldn't care if he died, but after the way she's treated him, do you blame him for thinking that way?

So Lucky calling Jason a coward and a lawbreaking killer to his face was pretty sweet because he stood there and took it, but do you know what was even better than that? Spencer punching Morgan in the face. Oh you don't know what that looks like? Here, let me show you:
I know this is a hooray Lucky/Greg Vaughan post, but I enjoyed Sam pointing out that this whole mess started with Elizabeth's lie because Elizabeth actually appeared to feel guilty. I think that's been my whole problem with this storyline actually. Neither Lucky nor Elizabeth are completely innocent, but I could sympathize with Lucky because he came off as apologetic while Elizabeth came off as smug and bitchy.

When Lucky went inside to vent, Greg Vaughan once again broke my heart with the tears and verbal expression of what his character should do now.
Lucky: I held him, I watched him grow. I see traces of myself in him.......What am I supposed to do? I mean, what about Jake? Am I supposed to suddenly turn my back on him? I mean, how does that work?

By the end of the day, Lucky realized that Sam has known the truth for the while and I'm sure they'll be dealing with that tomorrow. I hope that Lucky finds out who's kept this secret from him including Lulu. I'd like to get a scene where Lucky tears into Lulu for not telling him the truth, mostly because it would nice to see someone yell at her for a change. I'm sure if I get it, it will be awesome, but you know what's even better than that? This:
Sigh. That never gets old. I wonder if I could get that blown up to poster size and put on my wall.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was definitely a great punch, both from a philosophical point of view and also in the way it was shot, it was just so instantaneous.

This was definitely Lucky's day, even though he was being delivered bad news.

The other three came off nearly so well.

Anonymous said...

The other three came off nowhere nearly so well, is what I intended to say. Obviously, I hope.

Should never have had that third glass of wine...

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth is such a hose bag.